Prazepam 10mg is a medicine that belongs to the group of medications known as benzodiazepines. It has calming effect and it is used to treat anxiety.
It should be avoided in the following conditions:
- Patients allergic to Prazepam 10mg or other similar drugs, such as:
- nitrazepam and others. If you are experiencing symptoms of an allergy, such as:
- skin rash,
- itching of the skin,
- swelling of the face,
- swelling of the tongue,
- difficulty breathing, contact your doctor immediately
- Patients with liver damage
- In patients with myasthenia gravis (autoimmune neuromuscular disease)
- In patients with trouble breathing
Keep in mind that long-term use of this medicine (longer than a month), can cause physical or mental dependence! If you become addicted to this medicine, when you discontinue use of Prazepam, symptoms will get worse (often called withdrawal syndrome) and include following symptoms:
- muscle pain,
- numbness and tingling in the feet or hands,
- hallucinations and others.