WHAT IS RESTORIL TEMAZEPAM 30MG ?
Restoril Temazepam 30mg is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). Temazepam affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause sleep problems (insomnia).
Restoril Temazepam 30mg is used to treat insomnia symptoms, such as trouble falling or staying asleep.
Temazepam is a white, crystalline substance, very slightly soluble in water, and sparingly soluble in alcohol. Its main pharmacological action is to increase the effect of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) at the GABAA receptor. This causes sedation, motor impairment, ataxia, anxiolysis, an anticonvulsant effect, muscle relaxation, and a reinforcing effect. As a medication before surgery, temazepam decreased cortisol in elderly patients. In rats, it triggered the release of vasopressin into paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus and decreased the release of ACTH under stress
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF TEMAZEPAM (RESTORIL)?
Temazepam may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking temazepam and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lip, tongue, or throat.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using temazepam and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- weak or shallow breathing;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- confusion, slurred speech, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- hallucinations, agitation, aggression;
- thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- problems with urination; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)